Lake Tekapo Alpine Cottage is located in Lake View Heights and Lake Tekapo, Tekapo in Canterbury in New Zealand and has panoramic views of the Southern Alps, Lake Tekapo, Mt John and the Two Thumbs Range.
Lake Tekapo Alpine Cottage is "Lockwood" designed with natural wood interior. With three bedrooms, modern kitchen, lounge (satellite TV) and laundry (washer & dryer) it is ideally suited for families or couples travelling together in Tekapo and the Canterbury region on New Zealand.
The decking is an ideal place to sit in the evening and have a pre-dinner drink. While the bedrooms use high quality linen and all the rooms are tastefully decorated.
Lake Tekapo Alpine Cottage - Rooms:
The master bedroom offers a king size bed and ensuite. The second king room and twin room share a bathroom and separate toilet.
At 710 metres (2300 ft) above sea level, Lake Tekapo, in the center of New Zealand's South Island. At the head of New Zealand's largest hydro power scheme, Lake Tekapo fills a valley gouged out by a glacier thousands of years ago. The rich turquoise color of the lake comes from ultra-fine glacial dust suspended in the water.
Activities from Lake Tekapo Alpine Cottage :
* Join professional fishing guide Dick Marquand for trout and fly fishing in Cromwell
* Fishing in the rivers that feed into Lake Tekapo, and in the canals downstream
* Ice Skating on Lake Tekapo's outdoor naturally frozen Ice Rink
* Enjoy a 9-hole round at New Zealand's highest-altitude registered golf course (5km out of town) offering superb views to the Southern Alps
* Visit Lake Alexandrina nearby
* Summer waterskiing, sailing, and swimming in Lake Tekapo
* A scenic flight over Lake Tekapo, the Southern Alps and surrounding areas with Air Safaris
* Take a walking tour with Alpine Recreation
* Snow ski season is late June to early October. The closest ski fields are Round Hill (20 minutes drive), Dobson (40 minutes drive) and Lake Ohau (1 hour 30 minutes drive)
* Visit LakeTekapoUntouched for more information on what Lake Tekapo has to offer while you are visiting the area.
* Explore with the Mackenzie Alpine Trekking Company
* View the stars and enjoy a day or night tour of the Mt John Observatory with Earth and Sky
Weddings at Lake Tekapo Alpine Cottage and Alpine Bed and Breakfast:
Planning a Lake Tekapo wedding? Whether it be a ceremony in the Church of the Good Shepherd, or in the peace and tranquility of the area so were married on the shores of Lake Tekapo - Alpine Cottage offers a great base. Lake Tekapo Weddings is a group of Lake Tekapo businesses who have joined together to help people arrange their special day. They will assist you in planning any level of occasion. We also recommend The New Zealand Wedding Company who specialize in destination weddings. They will arrange everything including the necessary legal documents.
Lake Tekapo Alpine Cottage reviews
Login to comment