Twillingate Museum & Craft Shop

Twillingate Museum & Craft Shop in Twillingate, Newfoundland, Canada | Museum

Welcome to the Twillingate Museum & Craft Shop, Twillingate, Canada. The Museum was originally St. Peter's third Anglican Church Rectory, the two previous rectories having been destroyed by fire.

In 1972 a group of concerned citizens, all interested in preserving the history and the cultural background of the Twillingate community, organized a committee chaired by Reverend John Spencer, Anglican Parish Priest from 1970 -1975. The Parish Council, often meeting with the Museum Committee, decided to allow the rectory to be used as a home for many of the treasured possessions found at Twillingate. The rectory was constructed in 1914, using material from an older building. In 1973, the congregation decided that the building had outlived its usefulness as a rectory, which was then transformed into the Twillingate Museum & Craft Shop.

The local residents, as well as people living outside the community, allowed their antiques to be displayed in the Museum for others to see and enjoy.

The Twillingate Museum Association, a non-profit volunteer organization, operates the Twillingate Museum & Craft Shop.

Click here to view more details on Twillingate Museum & Craft Shop

Thank you for visiting Twillingate Museum & Craft Shop in Twillingate, Newfoundland, Canada | Museum

Information

Location Info

Features

P.O. Box 369, Twillingate, Newfoundland, Canada
Twillingate
Newfoundland and Labrador
Canada
(709) 884-2825
Visit Site
Museum

Business Industry Details