Lowestoft Town Football Club in Lowestoft, Suffolk, United Kingdom | Hotel
Lowestoft Town Football Club, Lowestoft, United Kingdom, have a fine history stretching back well over 100 years. The club is first recorded as East Suffolk Football Club with games, all friendlies in those days recorded back in 1884. On merging with the original Kirkley club the title of Lowestoft was adopted in 1887 with ‘Town’ added in 1890.
In 1925 came the decision to adopt the blue and white colours that have served them so well since. Lowestoft Town Football Club, who with Gt Yarmouth are the only sides with unbroken membership of the Eastern Counties (Now Jewson) League, took the bold step of becoming semi-professional in 1962 and 7 ECL titles and twice runners up in the following 9 seasons is clear testimony to the manner in which they dominated in those years.
With great strides being taken to improve the Lowestoft Town Football Club’s financial base, thanks to the tremendous support of main sponsors, OWA GROUP, Chapman’s side earning credit and success on the field, and the Club becoming much more active in the local community, the future looks far brighter and the Jewson League’s sleeping giant could finally be re-awakening.