Aalborg Town Hall in Aalborg, Aalborg, Denmark | Attraction | Town Hall | Historic | Historic Site
Welcome to the AalborgTown Hall, Aalborg, Denmark. AalborgTown Hall is an impressive building. The dates 1759 on the north side and 1762 on the front indicate the period in which it was built.
Above the main entrance is a bust of King Frederik V, the national coat of arms and a Latin inscription, Soli Deo Gloria (Glory to God Alone) and over the door the King's motto, Prudentia et Constantia (prudence an constancy). On either side of the entrance to this graceful, yellow-painted, rococo building can be seen the only remaining gas lamps in Aalborg.
Until 1912 the borough of Aalborg's administration was assembled in the Town Hall, where the tasks were solved by only 9 persons.
Today the Town Hall is only used for official receptions and civil marriages.