Its population in 2001 was 89,443. The district is one of two serving the city of Greater Sudbury, Ontario.

Sudbury was part of the Nipissing riding until 1947, when the Sudbury riding was created. It initially included a large portion of the Sudbury District; in 1952, the boundaries were narrowed significantly to include only the city of Sudbury, the geographic township of McKim and the town of Copper Cliff. The rest of the original Sudbury riding was incorporated into the new riding of Nickel Belt.

In 1976, Sudbury's growth in population led the riding to shrink further. It now included only the northern half of the city; the city's southern half was incorporated into Nickel Belt.

In 2004, a decline in population led to this riding expanding geographically to include the former Town of Walden, now part of the City of Greater Sudbury. The remainder of the city continues to be served by the Nickel Belt riding.

 

Featured Businesses

Featured Businesses