Tel Aviv Museum of Art in Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel | Museum
The Tel AvivMuseum of Art, Israel's main art Museum, first opened to the public in 1932 in the home of Tel Aviv's first mayor, Meir Dizengoff. The Museum quickly became the cultural center of the Tel Aviv, presenting local and foreign artists. In addition to its steadily growing collections, the Museum serves as a platform for free-thinking cultural and artistic exchanges.
The success of the Tel AvivMuseum of Art and its
growth of collections led to the need for more space.
The Helena Rubinstein Pavilion for Contemporary
Art opened in 1959, and the present main building
of the Museum in 1971. In 1999, a New Wing was established along with a Sculpture Garden.
The Museum hosts more than half a million visitors per year with a dynamic program of changing and
permanent exhibitions, and exciting cultural programs of classical and jazz music, performance arts, lecture series, special events, children's programs, dance, and cinema.